Final Demonstration Teaching and Practicum Challenges

On Monday of fourth week, that was my last teaching time. After making many lesson plans, finally we made the best one, no more revision, and I was ready to my last teaching. That day when my final demonstration teaching, I was assessed by Mam Shelyn and Sir Emanuel. Well.. I had already told the students in previous weeek to read a story about "The Story of the Aged Mother" because we would continue to the next story with literature point. For the motivation, I put the music "Mama-by: Spice Girls" which related with the story, then I'd like them to guess who was being talked in the story.
Next I show them letters "M O T H E R" and I asked them to mention mother characteristics by starting each letter above. They drastically put their own opinion. Wow my students was very active at that time haha.
Then after it I asked them to re-read the story in the class.
Next I asked them some questions to made sure they understand well the story. I gave three students with best answers reward and it was lucky for Nica, Ed, and Camila who received their reward. The given of reward just made a symbol that I teach them for the last time. In other side, it was also to gain their motivation in studying. In the end of the meeting, I said thanks for them to make a good cooperative with me. Eventually, I didn't say good bye but see you soon. I love you all of my students <3
 
Those teaching practicum include the final demo teaching made me understand well the purposes of teaching practicum. I gained myself to confidence in speaking in front of my students, I tried to solve unexpectedly problems like picture above of student who got bored haha, which I found in classroom, the point was I can gain myself to be a good teacher, and last but not least I successfully attracted student attentions and they considered me as their sisters. I think the most point of the purpose of practicum is when you successfully made students in love with me as their pre-service teacher.

I also knew how the procedures of practicum were. Just like my previous post, first we had to observe how teacher there teach, next comprehend the curriculum and lesson plan, then tried to brave yourself by assisting the teacher to know how the students situation. Next when the teaching time came, we made lesson plan of each teaching but also conditionally to situation and the assessor would check and if it was ready, challenge yourself to teach the students with all your best. After it, a day that school had decided when would you have your final demo, it would be our time to had it and assessed by the instructor teacher and the coordinator.

The outcomes of practicum, first knowing the difference teaching method, knowing the situation of students, and I train myself to be a good teacher.
The challenges of practicum were, first, when the students didn’t put much attention to me as a pre-service teacher, when the student’s get bored, and when we tried to put on timing management in teaching.

I felt alhamdulillah that all procedures that I’ve been through around 3 weeks was successfully done. But I think that a month program is not enough. Moreover we couldn’t adapt more with school condition if we only take a short time. Yeah that’s all my impression for this program. I hope that SEA-Teacher Program by SEAMEO will broad the relationship with other countries so not only four countries which involved in this program and I hope the program will be longer than one month.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindoro State College of Agriculture and Technology

First Lovely Week

Second Unexpectedly Week