Second Unexpectedly Week

In the following day, on the 6th of August morning of second day we officially received by MinSCAT Bongabong Campus through the opening ceremony which also attended by all of students, all of teachers, lecturers, and also the director of the campus, he is Sir Bryan. But before it, we invited to eat breakfast in the canteen together with Sir Emmanuel and Miss Gladys. We enjoyed our breakfast, moreover we always get our coffee jelly to re-energize our self haha, just like the picture below and got ready to attend the opening ceremony.
Then we went to gymnasium to attend the opening ceremony. They welcomed us kindly to become parts of them in Bongabong Campus. In the opening ceremony we entertained by some entertaining from students in that campus. We as participants of 6th batch SEA-Teacher Program also given opportunity to performed an intermezzo number and four of us decided to sang Independence Day Song of Indonesia. It was such an honor for us because we can sing our independence song in Phillipines even though it didn’t at the proper date yet. We felt so touched also proud to be Indonesia delegates who chosen into a kind of student exchange program like SEA-Teacher. Then Ricky, my friend from Samarinda, Indonesia also performed “The Way You Look at Me” song by Christian Bautista and he has successfully enliven up the atmosphere inside gymnasium.
In the afternoon weï also accompanied by our new friends from student college of MinSCAT Bongabong Campus to go to Traditional Market to buy everything we need to survive such as rice, garlic, onion, and etc. The traditional market in Phillipines was also same with our traditional market in Indonesia. Many things which also have the same things in Indonesia. But the differences are only at the chilies and sweet sauce. The real spicy chilies in there are rather difficult to get in fact Philipinos don’t like spicy taste. The other hand, Philipinos are also like salty flavor whereas we only can find the soy bean sauce with salty flavor only. So sad :(
We also bought a durian which originally from Phillipine, the taste was really good. It was very sweet, big enough, and the price was around 70.000 IDR but it was really worth it. After enjoyed eating durian with our buddies, Miss Gladys and the students, we also invited to attend the cheerleader competition in Alon-Alon by tricycle and proudly MinSCAT Bongabong Campus got the 3rd winner of it. It was good enough because all of it was only a competition and it must be existed the level of winner. We have to be wise in undertake it. Keep spirit MinSCAT!
The chirpy birds welcomed us happily in the next morning. I felt so grateful to be here and still breathing freely. The people include students, teacher, lectures, and staffs in one complex of Bongabong Campus there are very friendly. They always greet us like “Good morning/ good afternoon mam” every time they meet us. They really like to approach us and talked anything about the culture in Phillipines. That was really glad feel that we really received there. Specially the students who taught us how to speak with Phillipines language and surprisingly that some or even high number of Phillipines vocabularies are also same with Indonesian. How amazing thing that I ever know! :D
This week was our scheduled to observe the English language subject in class. The school is including in the Bongabong Campus complex and also has the same name, that is Bongabong Campus School. The classes are divided into the specific one, they are grade 7, 8, 9, and 10 of Junior High School, and grade 11 and 12 of Senior High School. The students teached by Mam Shelyn. Mam Shelyn was the one English subject teacher in those senior high school. She was also the instructor while we were the participants of SEA-Teacher have a teaching practicum there. The observation was three days and all of us did observes together to know the differences situation each class.
The doing of observation was divided into 4 classes which was proper for how many persons of us. We finally divided into grade 8, 9, 10, and 11 for our teaching. Therefore, we together observed in those classes while Mom Shelyn teaching. Many things that we could get from the observation, such us knowing how the curriculum, lesson plan and material there look like, and even the participation of students in classes. The observation was very important thing to do before we did the real teaching because we can make a good strategy in our teaching. The result of observations are on the next post. Then, the observation for the first day was done smoothly, and we were re so happy and realized that we still had many days left to go back hahaha :’)

After finishing the observation in the morning until afternoon, we usually spent our afternoon with roaming around and sometimes talked with students who approached us. We really pleased for some students who approached us. Not only student from elementary school, but also from college. We learnt many things about Phillipinos characteristics, whereas most of them were very nice to make a friend. They shared their experience with the previous SEA-Teacher participant, learnt Bahasa Indonesia, until learnt how to did “Shine” dance. Oh yeah, and do you know that if in MinSCAT Campus has a nice identity dance that is “Shine” dance. That was also one thing that we can’t find in Indonesia. What a great thing it is! Later on the last post I will show you :D

The night came and when we would like to have a rest, my room mates called me to see something on the picture that Ain has taken which is only a shadow I thought. My two friends’ beds were on the one  step different up-stair with me. Then an accident happend to me when I went back to my bed, I got sprained on my leg ankle. Time was just like freeze at that time. I even couldn’t move my right leg anymore. It was very painful.. I fell on the floor and my room mates tried to laugh because they thought that I did a joke. Oh my God, they were so cruel haha :’(. They helped bring me to the bed and all my weakness also my painful, I walked with one leg. Surprisingly, that my painful made me easy to sleep at that time than before.
Actually, the second and third day were my schedules to do an observation but the event was not let me to do it. Just be grateful that I still alive until then. Even though that painful was really serious and it didn’t take only a short time to recovery, but need some days. Then when the time for us to did an observed, I just can stay in my room. Then not really a long time, the nurse of the campus came and checked how my condition looks like. Her name is Mom Dovne. She is the one who has a duty in the campus’s clinic. My leg was compressed by a big ice cube. I was screamed at the first time she sticks the ice on my leg. It was very painful! Then she wrapped my leg with a wrapper and yeah definitely I couldn’t take a bath at that time.

Then the day when we had to move to the campus’s hostel has came. We have already told that we will be moved to the hostel because it will be wider than the room before. When we moved to the hostel, our friends came to help us. Moreover they know that I couldn’t walk as normally. My friend, Angel helped me to carry me on her back to reach the hostel. I was so touched with what she has done to me :’). They are very kind, helpful, and always cheer us up. The hostel facilitates also just the same in the previous room. All we need were complete. We had 3 beds, a large bathroom with shower, a refrigerator, and other else. The special thing was the view of our room faced to the sea and we can enjoy the sunrise! Ahh it was so comfy…
Weekend was coming!! Miss Gladys and our new friends of college accompanied us to have a trip to Buktot Beach and Eco Village. Both of those tourism objects were beautiful, especially the Buktot Beach. Anyway that day was the 6th day from the accident of my leg. It was 70% recovery and I could walk almost normal. The white sand and clear water made us relax. I also trained myself to walk slowly in the seashore and enjoy the view. It was my first beautiful beach I ever see in Phillipines <3. After enjoyed the trip, we asked to Miss Gladys to stop us for a while to buy fish for our dinner. Finally the bansud (bandeng fish) was in our hand and we went back to hostel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindoro State College of Agriculture and Technology

First Lovely Week