Week of Teaching and the Pedagogical Contents


The preparations before teaching were clearly that I had to make a lesson plan. After it, we had to submit it to Mam Shelyn and next, Mam Mamadore. They checked our lesson plan and yeah you will be definitely know that there were many incorrect that make us to make it again. We know that our first lesson plan was a little difficulties in making it because in Indonesia’s lesson plan was absolutely different with lesson plan there.
 
The teaching days finally come to me and I have to teach in grade 8. It was very nervous for the first time to face many students in the class. It was such a big attempt for me. I decided to use communicative method learning.

Then, the time for one subject is 1 hour. I started with greeting, next the motivation or warming up, the point in delivering the knowledge based on the proper material according to curriculum, sum them up into a short explanation so they can understand easily, and finally end with explain what we learn on the next meeting then greet bye for that time. So I tried to make sure they understand with the material by divided into 2 big groups to do a group task. The group task solved the information of the story to answer the question that I had already given for them. 

Here I found many kinds of student characteristics. Some of them only gave a little appreciation, some of them talked too much with pair student, some of them put much attention on the task. Then I realize that I had to approach one by one each student with communicate with them, asked whether they had a difficulty. The preparation need to take seriously to achieve a good result or goal in teaching. 
Here I will take the first day of teaching only, I was placed to teach the 8th grade student with reading comprehension which also provided a story “The Soul of Great Bell” and on. That story also provided in internet, so I can easily find it, even though it was really a long time to download it. Mom Shelyn was also helped me in giving the proper material for teaching and kindly she also monitored me in the class if the students getting noise, then she will helped me to calm them down. Here I will show you what did they do the task by grouping. Then the next meeting I continue my material with the related comprehension with the different text.
Everyday my students welcomed me and they really like to talk with me. Students here were very polite and understand the situation. They did a good cooperative with me to achieve our goal in teaching and learning processes. While I taught in my class, the students tried to ask my personality such as asked my facebook name account. Then I let my facebook added by them. Just like how closed them with Mom Shelyn on the previous, they also closed to me. They asked everything about me and many things that I really love to talk with them. They really easy to be closed if the method of approaching was correct. This situation also can’t separate by the method of teaching by Mom Shelyn.

The assessment for the meeting here I took by the student who came in front and 5 of them I asked to read aloud after finishing the task, then I can assess by how good their reading in front, how fluent and how correct their pronounciation. Then yeah I know that most of my lovely students can do it well. Mahal kita my students! J<3 (I love you my students)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindoro State College of Agriculture and Technology

First Lovely Week

Second Unexpectedly Week